I'm hoping, through my contribution to this site, that we can:
- Raise awareness about Robbie Thomas, his actions and the harm he causes
- Help protect others from being abused by Robbie Thomas (or other psychics)
- Have Robbie Thomas beaten silly by the ghosts he encounters
- Compiling a list of links (including the ones in the original blog posting) about Robbie Thomas' actions
- Adding links to sites regarding psychics and their involvement in missing persons and other criminal cases
- Creating and maintaining (with your assistance) a "Where's Robbie?" section to outline his public plans/schedule
- Gathering and creating materials for others to use when they are attending a Robbie Thomas (or other psychic) event
- Soliciting "guest" blog entries/articles from others in the field
- Encouraging others to link to Stop Robbie Thomas from their sites/blogs
Who Am I & Why Am I Here?
I'm a skeptic and I'm proud of that title. Skepticism is not about being a pessimist, it is a way of approaching claims and ideas. I blog "anonymously" because this isn't about me. Many in our city (Sarnia) and in the skeptical community know who I am and are aware of my blog/views. I just don't feel that my position in any group or community should add weight to (or change the validity of) my arguments. They are what they are - either valid and accurate or they are not. The message: Think (critically) for yourself.
I became involved in this mess that is Robbie Thomas after posting a simple blog posting (Psychic Solves Abduction/Murder Case) in May 2009 about how there would not be a psychic standing up with (or being recognized by) the Ontario Provincial Police when they announced arrests in the case of a (fairly) local girl who had been kidnapped and murdered.
Shortly after posting my blog I began to receive emails from people who had "encountered" Robbie Thomas - each with horrible stories about Robbie's continued abuse and misuse of their families and their cases. As I learned more about Robbie Thomas, the more I saw that he needed to be stopped. The personal stories of these families are heart-wrenching and, as a result, my blog entries took on real meaning - the harm inflicted by people like Robbie Thomas is real and it needs to end.
Though I can't speak for the other contributors to this site, I think we hold very similar views on the following; I don't see this as an attempt to ruin someone's life - I see it as an attempt to stop Robbie Thomas from ruining the lives of others. I am here because it matters what we do or fail to do and I hope you'll join us in doing what is not only right but necessary and important. Help us Stop Robbie Thomas.